Thursday, January 26, 2012

Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout


Obsidian (Lux #1)
by Jennifer L. Armentrout (Goodreads Author)

Starting over sucks.

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I’d pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring…. until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.

And then he opened his mouth.

Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something…unexpected happens.

The hot alien living next door marks me.

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon’s touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I’m getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.

If I don’t kill him first, that is.

My Thoughts:
Amazing! Wow! I’m dying for the next book! I devoured this book, and it was as yummy as it was intense! I haven’t found a series stalk-worthy since Twilight and Vampire Academy, but this is it! I loved Daemon and Kat’s tug-a-war relationship. The conversations were witty and intense. I laughed out loud most of the book and was tensely griping my Kindle the rest of the time. I am green with envy at Armentrout’s amazing writing skills. I loved how Armentrout blended the plot and the characters. And what amazing characters they are! Okay, so I can’t say enough about this book, but a huge thank you to my friend for insisting I buy this one. It is going on my shelf to read over and over again *sigh*  
Note: Rating is PG-13 and there is swearing. Five Plus stars!!

2 comments:

  1. I love this book too! My review of it was so fan-girly!

    Jennifer is definitely one of my favourite authors at the moment and she's such a nice person too! :)

    I love Daemon and I cannot wait for Onyx! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer L. Armentrout's Obsidian is the story of Katy who moves to a small town in West Virginia. Although Katy isn't thrilled about the move, she finds herself interested in her new neighbors, twins Daemon and Dee. Katy and Dee become instant friends while Daemon and Katy can't stand each other. However during an accident, Daemon saves Katy's life in a way that is not humanely possible. Katy discovers that her neighbors are actually aliens and Daemon marked Katy when he saved her. Now Katy must hope that the trace fades before Daemon and Dee's enemies find her.

    ReplyDelete