Saturday, January 14, 2012

Mortal Defiance by Nichole Chase


Mortal Defiance (Dark Betrayal Trilogy, Book 2)
by Nichole Chase (Goodreads Author)

One short week turned Ree McKenna’s life upside down. Not only does she have the weight of the world on her shoulders, but she still has to juggle homework, a job, and a curfew. While Ree tries to find her footing amidst the chaos, the Dark Ones and their champion are busy hunting down any humans that have a touch of the gods running through their veins. Allies have turned into foes, and enemies have become stronger.

The world is growing darker, but the passion between Ree and two irresistible guys blazes hotter. Romantic ties from a past life will threaten to break Ree away from the love of her life and will cloud her judgment. In order to follow her heart, Ree will break rules put in place by the gods, risking her life and the lives of her friends in an act of Mortal Defiance.

My Thoughts:
I loved how this book kept the tension going. It was great. There was action with the Dark Ones and there was tension with the romance. I really loved this read and the world that she has created. The love triangle was complicated even further in this book. I won’t say how, because I don’t want to spoil it, but I thought she handled it well. I have to say that the way the book ended was awesome!!! And I have my fingers crossed that one of the guys from the love triangle will get together with one of her guardians! That would make my heart happy for him.
Note: Rate this PG-13 for swearing and violence (lots of fight scenes, which were great!). I gave this book five stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment