Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Transcendent: Tales of the Paranormal


 Transcendent: Tales of the Paranormal

by Lani Woodland (Goodreads Author), Melonie Piper (Goodreads Author), Rita Webb (Goodreads Author), Wendy Swore (Goodreads Author), Melanie Marks (Goodreads Author), Heather McCubbin (Goodreads Author), Evan Joseph (Goodreads Author)
Discover the secrets of a siren, fly with a hawk girl over the mountains of Montana, and flee supernatural party-crashers as the décor comes to life in this magical journey through paranormal stories.

Along the way, watch for ghosts in a haunted house, or ride through the moonlight with a stranger. Save a comatose boy who has lost his soul, and don’t forget to bring your garlic and wolfsbane—you never know when the shadows will snag you.

Transcendent includes eight stories of magic, love, death, and choice by some of the newest names in young adult fiction.

My Thoughts:
This is my first time reading an anthology. I know sounds pathetic, but I really love long stories. But I enjoyed this collection. It was fun to read something small every now and then. My favorite has to be the heartwarming story Kiss of Death. It was so touching and sweet.  Several of the other short stores left me wanting them longer. I enjoyed the one about the hawk, and was chuckling over the story about the headless huntsman. Also, the siren story was cool as it addressed the difference between true love and lust. Very fun!
Note: PG-13, very clean. Four Stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment