Friday, February 17, 2012

Bloodlines by Richelle Mead


Bloodlines (Bloodlines #1)

by (Goodreads Author)
The first book in Richelle Mead's brand-new teen fiction series - set in the same world as Vampire Academy.

When alchemist Sydney is ordered into hiding to protect the life of Moroi princess Jill Dragomir, the last place she expects to be sent is a human private school in Palm Springs, California. But at their new school, the drama is only just beginning.

Populated with new faces as well as familiar ones, Bloodlines explores all the friendship, romance, battles and betrayals that made the #1 New York Times bestselling Vampire Academy series so addictive - this time in a part-vampire, part-human setting where the stakes are even higher and everyone's out for blood.

My Thoughts
I have so missed the Vampire Academy world! I have always loved Sydney and seeing the world from her viewpoint was awesome for me. I could feel the emotions and the complexity of the characters. Meads characters just leap off the page and sucking into her world (no pun intended..he he). I really love Adrian too, and I have high hopes for book 2! There were many twist and turns, mostly at the end. I do have to say the beginning was kind of slow, but I didn’t mind so much. Mead was setting up the character dynamics and I’m totally hooked now. I think I need to find the widget count down for book 2! It is a great read! Can’t wait to read more!
Note: 15+ some swearing and bloody scenes (but pretty mild for Mead’s books) Five Stars!!!!

I have read a lot of review given on Bloodlines, (the 1 or 2 stars) and I have to say that this book is a bit different from VA series. For one, Sydney is so different from Rose it is like night and day. Two, this book is more about relationships and healing and finding your self. I didn't mind this aspect, and in fact, I was near tears the whole way through (both happy and sad tears). I think this series is going to me amazing in a totally different way than VA was, and I'm excited about it!

3 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this one too, thanks for review. I'd missed the VA world so much too and glad we can stay in it longer.
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! I was so excited when I saw this one come out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember checking Vampire Academy out from the library years ago. I stayed up all night during a thunderstorm to read it, but the part where Natalie turns Strigoi scared me so much that I had nightmares for weeks (and I was a sophomore in college at the time). I couldn't bring myself to read the rest. Years later, being a lover of vampires and dhampirs in the extreme, and a student of Russian fairy tales besides (Vasilisa the Beautiful, anyone?), I decided to give the series another try. It took me about a week to finish them all, and afterward, I felt like a gaping hole had opened up in my life. I was being denied an intense pleasure, one with which I'd become enchanted; I found it impossible, painful to wait for the next release.

    ReplyDelete