When formatting for e-book
· Always use Next Page and not page breaks. Go up to Page Layout, Breaks, Next Page (under breaks)!
- · Never use tabs. If you do then you will have to delete them later and format it again.
- · Always use the Paragraph set up and fill in the Special and click First line, By 0.5 . Don't fill in other fields.
- · Table of contents will be different for Smashwords than for the Kindle and Nook. You can do it the smashwords way and it will work on Kindle and Nook, but not the other way around.
- · Never simply hit the enter button for an extra space in the document, like for separating a chapter title from the chapter body. Always hit Shift and Enter, together.